10 Rules for Running, Writing and Life
(New York, NY, US)
1. Start where you are.
2. Practice everyday.
3. Stay at your own pace.
4. Set goals and stick to them.
5. Boredom is your mind telling your body to quit. No one gets bored walking for a half hour. (Got this one from my dad.)
6. Accept bad days, even on cool, perfect, beautiful days when you had a good night's sleep and feel fine. (The opposite will happen too.)
7. Push yourself but not so hard that you won't go out tomorrow.
8. Remember mental stamina will give out before physical (from The Self-Coached Runner).
9. Don't worry about how you look to others.
10. Keep moving forward.